Beware of Rubik's Cube 360 Fakes

The Rubik's Cube 360 is not to be released until mid July. However there are reports that the product is showing up on sites such as Ebay that are selling for a much lower price than what the new Rubiks Cube 360 is supposed to sell for. It is pretty obvious that these are counter fit products and not the actual product. I would advise buying anything from Ebay until the official release of the product on July 15th. I would also be suspicious of anyone selling the product at a highly discounted price as it has a high propability of being counterfeit. I know we are all anxious to have this new toy in our hands so we can spend relentlous hours frustraiting ourselves. Hold off that urge for just a little longer so you end up with the actual Rubiks Cube 360 and not a fake.

I must say that I am tempted to buy one of these fake versions so that I can compare it to the real thing when it comes out next week. That way I can write about the differences and post it here on my blog all you others that are interested in getting a Rubiks Cube 360 can make an informed buying decision. I'll be sure to keep you all up to date. I don't know about you but I can't wait to get my hands on this little baby.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for necromancy! :D
    I have a fake one. I understood it was a fake after I solved it in 15 minutes. I don't own a genuine 360, so I'll list the differences I could see from all videos and pics on the net:
    1. The inner sphere: in the genuine one it is very well fixed in 2 points, making for it's rotation axis. In the fake one the inner sphere rests on 2 bumps it has, making for a variable angle axis of rotation.
    2. Inner sphere: genuine one has 1 hole at the top. Fake hase 2 holes on oposite sides.
    3. Middle sphere: genuine has 2 holes that tend to stand at the top. Fake has 2 holes on oposite sides.
    4. Color rings at the outer bumps are sleeker in the original 360 (The fake one's are thicker. About 3 times more so.)
    5. The original's black rings that surround the turning knobs have "Rubik's" on it whilst the fake one's dont have any text.
    6. (not sure since this feat isn't readily visible on pics) the innermost and middle spheres should have weight balls that keep them alligned with Earth's gravitation. The fake one certainly has no such thing, so relying on friction & dexterity you can get almost any combination of sphere alignment.
    7. (not sure) from what I've seen in videos, distance between spheres is important, making for one more level of the puzzle to guide the balls using the turnable locks. The fake one has plenty of space, so that you can rely on shaking to solve.

    Hope Google indexes this soon enough.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huhmmm... Have seen the 360 around, but have never tried it though. Should buy asap.

    Nice blog btw! :D

    ReplyDelete